Forecasting effects of different anthropogenic activities on resources and environment is today an invaluable part in planning and implementation of almost all projects. The physically based numeric simulation with well-calibrated models is the only tool for reasonable and quantitative prognosis.
Due to significance of such prognoses the usage of the tool “numeric modeling” is a core element for project work as well as the previous and present scientific cooperation for know-how development. This recognized national and international expertise enables JR-AquaConSol GmbH to work on projects for groundwater flow modeling and modeling on catchment scale.
The main topics of the activities of JR-AquaConSol GmbH in the competence field of „Numeric Modeling“ include
- modelling of water balance, solute and heat transport at catchment scale
- elaboration of prognostic flood models as early-warning systems, with future inclusion of hydraulic modeling of surface water flow
- modeling of water flow, solute and heat transport in the unsaturated zone,
- modeling of groundwater flow, solute and heat transport in valley aquifers coupled with models of the unsaturated zone
- hydrogeochemical process modeling coupled with groundwater flow simulation
The application of visualization technologies as tools for simplified communication of results of complex numeric models becomes an increasing significance for the development of steering activities in an economic and participative process with involved stakeholders. In the competence field “Numeric Modeling” a broad spectrum of applications will be provided for economy (e.g. in EIA-procedures) and for public administration (planning tools for drinking water protection).
JR-AquaConSol GmbH differ from competitors, who include more and more the application of simulation models in their portfolio, in the used workflows of numeric modeling of real transient long-term processes on a regional scale (the extension of the numeric models are given by hydrogeologic units). The active further development of concepts for simulation of transient flow processes, merging, homogenizing and advancement of concepts and methods for modelling of sub-components for coupled models of entire systems are a predominant research assignment of JR-AquaConSol GmbH.